Return for the period of September is the last Return for making all the amendments & adjustments for the previous year. Suppose, for example for the year 2020-21, GSTR 3B and GSTR 1 is the last return for filling all the amendments of the transactions related to the period April 2020 to March 2021.
The following actions has to be taken before filling GST Return for the month of September :
- Reconcile Sales Turnover reported in GSTR 1 with that of Books
- Reconcile Sales Turnover reported in GSTR 3B with that of Books
- Check whether all the credit notes issues has been declared in GSTR 1 or not and the effect of the same is taken in GSTR 3B.
- Reconcile if invoice raised to customers are reported in B2B (customers with GSTIN) or in B2C (Unregistered customer)
- Reconcile whether all the advances have been reported in GSTR 3B and GSTR 1
- Reconcile whether the GST paid on advances have been adjusted once the invoice is issued or not
- Reconciliation of ITC from GSTR 2A/2B with Inward Register
- Follow up with the vendors who’s ITC is not appearing in GSTR 2B / GSTR 2A
- Check whether all the all the debit notes issued to you have been reflecting in GSTR 2A/2B or not.
- Reverse all the ineligible ITC
- Reconcile HSN Summary with that of Sales Turnover.
No additional claim of missing ITC may be made available post filing of September GSTR 3B return. Please thoroughly follow the above checklist before you file any September GST Return.
The information provided in the Taxzona Blog does not constitute any legal, tax or financial advice. It does not take into account your particular circumstances, objectives, legal and financial situation or needs. Before acting on any information in the Taxzona Blog you should consider the appropriateness of the information for your situation in consultation with a professional advisor of your choosing.